It’s time to blossom and metamorphose, Midweek Playlist ®, in schedule (HELLO! it’s Friday) and form (adieu Youtube, hello Spotify). Although tried and true (and home to my entire MP back catalog), Youtube has a fleeting, frustrating shelf life. It’s like the wild west over there. At some point your little blog grows up and needs to settle down in the suburbs with something more stable/boring.
Theme de la semaine: more melancholy, soul-wrenching, gut-spilling, to-hell-and-back tunes than you can shake a stick at! Father John Misty being the most deliciously agonizing.
- Father John Misty – Bored In The USA
- Rose Windows – Wartime Lovers
- Quilt – Tie Up The Tides
- Cate le Bon – Are You With Me Now?
- Sharon Van Etten – Serpents
- Jessica Pratt – Night Faces
- Matthew E. White – Big Love
- Jherek Bischoff – Young & Lovely
- DM Stith – Pigs
- Rio en Medio – Mountains of the Moon
- Larkin Grimm – The Butcher
- Father John Misty – Nothing Good Ever Happens At The Goddamn Thirsty Crow